"And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers..." Malachi 4:6

Monday, November 1, 2010

In Awe of Him

Sometimes do you feel like God has done so much for you that you are speechless? I find myself feeling that way often these days. I am so thankful for everything He has done for my family and I. His love is amazing and overwhelming.

Callused and bruised, dazed and confused
My spirit is left wanting something more
My selfish hopes, my selfish dreams
I'm lying with my face down on the floor...
crying out for more ...crying out for more.

Give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe you my life
Give me words to speak, don't let my spirit sleep.

Every night, every day
I find that I have nothing I can say
So I stand here in silence, awaiting your guidance
I'm wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let them be Your words, let 'em be Your words.

Give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying
but I know that I owe you my life
Give me words to speak, don't let my spirit sleep.

I just don't understand, this life that I've been living.
I just don't understand, I just don't understand
These lies I've been believing
I just don't understand, I just don't understand.

Give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe you my life
Give me words to speak, don't let my spirit sleep.

I know, I know, I owe you my life
Oh, my life. oh, my life
I know that I owe you my life
Oh my life
My life.

Shust, A.(2006). Give Me Words Speak.

2 comments:

Sheila King said...

that is amazing..Praise YOU Lord!!! who wrote that?

Kelli said...

It's a song on my blog sang by Aaron Shust, but I am not sure if he wrote it.